Transglobal underground international times
Kissmet is the vision of two Indian Sikh brothers, born and brought up within the multicultural melting pot of the UK with a very traditional Eastern upbringing in a very Western social environment. As children, their parents ran the local Indian cinema so, at home, they were learning all about Indian music but by day they were listening to western Rock music at school with their English friends. Subliminally, they were being bombarded with music from the East and West on a daily basis and there was no difference from listening to Mohammed Rafi and Fateh Ali Khan as there was to Genesis or The Police. Then, when it came to learning to play and writing their own songs, they realised that they could use elements from the East and West equally to make each song something very special.
See the whole of Athens in one go from the city’s highest vantage point (970ft), capped by a tiny, whitewashed church, a restaurant and a stunning open-air café. Nearby, carved into the rocks on the north-facing slope, Lycabettus Theatre has been staging open-air concerts since 1965, with past performers including Morrissey and Pink Martini, but now in need of renovation, its future looks uncertain. The steep path up zigzags through pinewoods and sub-tropical vegetation. Alternatively, catch the funicular from Ploutarchou Street in Kolonaki (every 30 minutes, 9am-).
Cecil Sharp - http:///
Benjamin Britten - http:///
Ralph Vaughan Williams - http:///
Martin Carthy - http:///
Fariport Convention - http:///
Steeleye Span - http:///
Lindisfarne - http:///
The Albion Band - http:///
Billy Bragg - http:///
Kate Rusby - http:///
Bella Hardy - http:///
The Unthanks - http://-/
Lau - http://-/
Uiscedwr - http:///
Bellowhead - http:///
Belshazzar's Feast - http:///
Eliza Carthy - http://-/
Laura Marling - http:///
Transglobal Underground had to happen.
We’re talking about the early nineties here. It’s a long time ago, many brain cells have been lost since…
My Nani-ji (grandmother) believed in the power of love and in the good of people.
Even after having... Share Tweet Leave a comment Sign the PETITION Your name First Name * Last Name * Email * Leave a message More information about text formats
A revised lineup was announced for their 2010 tour, coinciding with the release of Empire & Love : Martin Carthy , Eliza Carthy , and Chris Wood , backed by a band featuring Simon Emmerson , Johnny Kalsi , Ali Friend , Andy Gangadeen , Simon Richmond , Sheema Mukherjee and Barney Morse Brown . 
Featuring: The Proclaimers, Travis, Eddi Reader, John Mayall, Oysterband, Tunng, Bruce Cockburn, Michael Weston King...
- Sizzla / I Lue Ilue Worthy To Be Praised / The Sabbath
- Zumjay & Monster Twins Grab Dem / Informer
- Anthony B Anthony B. / Shadowz - Home Grown / How Long
- Various - Totally Wired Sweden
- Catleya Rien Ne Presse
- Spinor / Amplicon Emergence / Triangular Funk
- Coderock Nice To Meet You EP
- Black Uhuru - Shine Eye / Plastic Smile
- Red Raw Feat 007 - Ooh La La La
- Ranking Joe / Vibronics World In Trouble
- Harvey McKay / Let's Go Outside Output / Girls Don't Like Me
- The Three Suns Busy Fingers
- Frederik Full Circle
- Barry Issac / Reggae On Top Allstars Reggae On Top All Stars One Good Thing
- Don Thomas - Come On Train
- Abicah Soul Project Dance Or Evacuate
- Horace Andy / King Tubby Skylarkin / Skylarkin Dub
- Jah B. Ragga Lovin'
- Carlton "Killawatt" Valley Mi Cavalier
- Thomas Godoj Love Is You